What is a compressor:
Is a program used to compress folders and files, when compressing files what we do is reduce its size, we can reduce it up to 80% of its normal weight without losing the original information of said file also we can protect it with password.
Download and install 7-Zip:
- Enter the official 7-Zip page, we can not download it without knowing how many bits our computer is, if you already know skip the next step.
- Check the bits of your computer, for this we go to “My Computer” or “System” -> “About”
- Download the most suitable program according to our version (32 bits or 64 bits)
- Installing it by opening it or two clicks, has a simple installer that will allow us to use it in seconds.
To Compress a File:
- When downloading the program will appear automatically when right-clicking
- Open the tab that puts 7-Zip and give you to add file
- We select the options that we consider most suitable for the work that we want to perform and we accept
- Open a compressed file ready to use
To Unzip a File:
- Select the folder by left-clicking on the ICON
- Let’s go to the 7-Zip program tab
- And select “extract here” or “extract files”
The most commonly used programs to compress-decompress files are Winrar and 7-Zip although Winrar is commercial and not 7-Zip.
Winrar allows a free 30 day trial and much more file compatibility.